Thursday, October 24, 2013

Candy Marshmallow Treats

Okay, I have found my new favorite food product, Wilton candy melts!!!!!!!!!! Whoever came up with the idea is a genius.  There is no candy thermometer required to make these candy marshmallow treats, which is good because I don't own one.  All you do is melt the candy pieces on the stove or in the microwave (which is what I did) and it's ready to go.  I came up with the idea of dipping marshmallows in the candy melts as I was walking around the grocery store yesterday and actually had a package of lollipop sticks in my cart.  Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, I had a bunch of craft sticks at home (from when I made my sugar cookies on a stick)!!  I decided to use them instead. If you get invited to a last minute Halloween party (or you forgot you have to bring a dessert to your child's classroom party), these were done from start to finish in about a 1/2 hour. The "dirt" in the bottom of the mug is actually crushed Oreo cookies. Pretty neat, huh??


Wilton candy melts are readily available, I found mine at my local Target.  They are pretty inexpensive - $2.99 for a 12 ounce package (which is approximately 2 cups).  To make a dozen of these treats, you only need 1 cup.  I called Wilton this afternoon and asked them how long the melts keep once they are opened. The customer service gal told me indefinitely! Cool, I think I'll hold on to these remaining orange melts until next October :)



Ingredients:

1 cup Wilton candy melts
12 marshmallows
12 wooden craft sticks

Melt the candy melts either on the stove or in the microwave according to the package instructions.  Push a craft stick into the middle of the marshmallow about 3/4 of the way.  Using a small spoon, cover the entire marshmallow.  Place on wax paper to harden up.  I couldn't believe how quickly the candy got hard - by the time I was done covering the 12th treat, the first treat I had done was ready to eat!!!  See, I told you they were quick to make!  Store in covered container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...