Thursday, June 19, 2014

Double Lemon No-Bake Pie



The hot and humid weather we have had the past few days here in the Midwest has definitely reminded me of the summers I grew up with in Maryland.  The hubby and I have very differing views of when to turn on the air conditioning in our house.  A few mornings ago, the hubby told me, "I think we need to turn on the air conditioning!" I told him, "let me write this down (since he doesn't like it on), you actually want it on?!?!?" When it's this warm, even with the "air" on, I don't like to turn on the oven to make a dessert, I would rather let my freezer do all the work! Making a no-bake pie is easy, especially if you use a prepared crust. I love the local Dollar Tree where I live. That is where I found my graham cracker crust and my lemon juice! 

Ingredients

9-inch ready-to-eat graham cracker crust
1/2 cup cold water
3 tablespoons powdered pink lemonade
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
2 cups whipped topping, thawed

In large bowl, put the cold water, powdered lemonade and lemon juice.  Stir with a large spoon until dissolved. Add the ice cream and beat with a mixer or large spoon until smooth.  Fold in the whipped topping and mix well. Pour into the graham cracker crust. Cover and put in the freezer for a minimum of four hours. Remove about five minutes before serving. Garnish with blueberries and strawberries if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...