Sunday, June 8, 2014

No-Bake Marshmallow and Pretzel Bars


I have been trying really hard lately to limit my chocolate "intake," but yesterday, I had a taste for something with chocolate, but didn't want cake, brownies or cookies.  I also didn't want to turn on the oven, because our house was already warm enough.  That means only one thing, right?  Time to whip up a no-bake "treat!" These bars were so incredibly easy to make and were ready for me to take a "sample" in less than 45 minutes.  Around lunchtime today, I asked the hubby if he wanted to try a bar and give them a "rating" of between 1-10.  He told me they were a "9."  I asked him why they weren't a "10."  His response back, "not everything you make can be a 10!" Really?!?!?! I think it is!


Ingredients:

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups pretzels, broken into small pieces

Line a 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. In large saucepan or small stockpot, melt the butter slowly and then add the mini marshmallows. Stir with a large spoon on low heat until the marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth and then add the pretzels.  Press the mixture evenly into the pan with the spoon and allow the bars to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.  Cut into 12 squares.  Store covered at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...