Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Fudge Four O'Clocks


Ever since the beginning of September, I have been wanting to make this recipe. The problem was finding the "time." Get it?!?!?!?!?  Anyways, this past Sunday night, with the hubby and Dominic otherwise occupied, I finally got around to it!! Wow, all I can say is, if you love chocolate, then this recipe is for you.  I made a few variations here and there, a major one being that I didn't put walnuts into the batter before I baked them, because Lauren and Dominic don't eat walnuts. The hubby and I do like walnuts, so feel free to put some on top if you so desire, like I did! Lauren is coming home today from college to spend the Thanksgiving break with us and I can't wait for her to try a piece of this. Maybe we'll have some at four o'clock this afternoon with a cup of hot cocoa! 

Ingredients

1 cup white flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup water
1 cup white sugar
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a jelly roll pan (11 inches x 17 inches) with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. In large bowl, put all the ingredients in the order given and mix well by hand with large spoon. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.  Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack. When completely cool, eat as is or top with your favorite frosting! I used Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Milk Chocolate Frosting, because can you EVER have enough chocolate?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...