Thursday, February 19, 2015

Banana Smoothie


 
When the hubby was getting ready to leave this morning for work, he remarked that three of the bananas in the bowl looked, "very ripe." Yep, they certainly were great "candidates" for banana bread. Since I just made banana muffins last week, I decided instead to whip up a smoothie. I tossed a little bit of this and a little bit of that into my trusty blender and made a delicious concoction. We received an automated phone call at 5:15 this morning that Dominic's school was closed because of the subzero temperatures. That meant I had one of my taste-testers here to try a "sample." I poured the smoothie mixture into two glasses and tucked a straw into each one. Dominic and I polished ours off in less than 10 minutes. One thing I have heard incessantly lately from my son is, "Mommy, I'm hungry!"  Well, after Dominic had his smoothie, I didn't hear him utter that phrase for about three hours. That's a new record. LOL.  If you have a growing preteen boy like I do, give him this smoothie. It hopefully will keep him "filled up" for at least a few minutes!!

Ingredients

6 ounce container vanilla yogurt
3 small bananas, very ripe, chopped
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 cup ice cubes
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Put all ingredients into a blender in the order given. Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately. Makes two cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...