Friday, July 17, 2015

Pink Lemonade Muffins


Yesterday, even though the weather was beautiful, I spent a large portion of the day inside working on the computer and doing household chores. I figured I could sit outside today on the deck and just "chill," sipping a cold glass of pink lemonade and reading a book. Well, guess what? I woke up to heavy rain pelting our bedroom window! Wonderful. Since it was so cloudy and dreary this morning, I wanted to bake a little "sunshine" into some muffins. I love "experimenting," in the kitchen with different ingredients, such as using powdered lemonade in place of some of the white sugar in this recipe and substituting yogurt instead of sour cream to make these muffins more moist!! These were so tasty, I had two for breakfast with my coffee :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed the sun comes out later this afternoon!

Ingredients
 
2 cups white flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup pink powdered lemonade
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5.3 ounce container Yoplait Greek 100 
   strawberry yogurt
 
Glaze
 
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons water
 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside. In a large bowl, put the flour, sugar, powdered lemonade, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and yogurt. Stir well with large spoon until smooth. Distribute the batter evenly between the paper liners. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean. Remove to wire rack to continue cooling. To make the glaze, put the powdered sugar and water in a small bowl and mix with a spoon. Drizzle on the muffins. Makes one dozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...