Saturday, August 1, 2015

Pineapple Raspberry Milkshake


Earlier in the week, I had cut up an entire pineapple and knew I wanted to use it somehow in a recipe. After poking around a bit in the fridge and freezer, I realized I had all the "fixins" for a milkshake!! Lauren left early this morning for a week long vacation and the hubby was out running errands, so it was just Dominic and I here. Dominic had never ate pineapple before and when I first offered him a chunk, he tossed it back into the bowl. After a few minutes, he came back into the kitchen and said, "pineapple." I tried again to give him another chunk and this time he ate it!!  I knew I wanted to also put some raspberries into the milkshake because Dominic has never eaten a raw one.  After a little blender action, I had a "sample" ready to go. I handed the glass to my boy and he drained it dry within a few minutes. I put what was left of the milkshake into a zippered top bag and tossed it into the freezer. I want the hubby and Lauren to be able to have some too!
 
 
 
Ingredients

2 cups fresh pineapple, chunks
6-ounce container raspberries
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup white milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups ice cubes

Put all ingredients into a blender and combine until desired consistency. Makes five cups. If you want to freeze any of the leftover milkshake, just pour into a zippered top gallon size plastic bag and tuck into the freezer for at least one hour. The milkshake is super duper tasty frozen too (take my word for it)!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...