Thursday, February 4, 2016

Black Bean Dip


I have probably been watching the Washington Redskins play football since I was in diapers.
 

My dad is a big fan and he has made me one too. Unfortunately, here in Michigan, it's rare that the local television stations will put a Washington Redskins game on! The biggest professional football game of the year is this Sunday - Super Bowl 50. In our house, that means snacks, snacks and more snacks. My husband is more of a college football guy, but he does like to watch the Super Bowl. Just out of curiosity, I looked on-line on StubHub! to see how much one ticket in a suite at Levi's Stadium is going for. Take a guess, $250,000! Good grief, I think I'll just watch it from the comfort of my own couch :) This is one of the "snacks" we'll be enjoying this Sunday!



Ingredients

14.5 ounce can sliced and stewed tomatoes, undrained
15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup red pepper, membrane and seeds removed, chopped
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder

Put all ingredients into a blender and turn on high for 20-30 seconds (less if you want a chunkier salsa). Pour into a container or medium bowl and cover. Refrigerate for one hour. Serve with tortilla chips.  Makes three cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Club Cracker Toffee

You know when you have a "taste" for something and until you eat it, you won't be satisfied? Late yesterday afternoon, I want...